Our professional staff provide personal attention and tailor activities to meet the needs and preferences of each individual while providing a safe and secure environment.
- Assistance with personal care
- CPR and first aid certified
- All staff participate in continuing education in Alzheimer and dementia care
- Nutritious meals provided by the Kenai Senior Center
- Morning and afternoon refreshments
- Accommodation for special dietary needs
- Games, movies, music, arts & crafts
- Spa day, canine company and musical guests visits
- Educational, entertainment and creative arts programs
- Music centered activities and individualized play lists
- Outdoor garden, dementia friendly walking path, outdoor gathering space for picnics, barbecues, and games
- Cognitive stimulating activities, and science for seniors
- Chair Dancing, Music in Motion and Chair Yoga
- Cultural adventure, sensory exploration and service projects for the community
- Hosting-tea parties and special events
- Outings around the community…and a lot more!
- Adult Day programming helps to maintain an individual's present level of functioning and can help prevent or delay further deterioration.
- Fostering friendships and peer interaction.
- Enjoyable activities and cognitive stimulation.
- Promotion of each person’s maximum level of independence, sense of purpose, and quality of life.
- Respite and support to the caregiver, to reduce the strain associated with caring for his/her loved one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Must I attend on set days?
We are open Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm We are very flexible with scheduling; you can attend for a whole or a partial day.
Is there transportation available?
We can assist with setting up transportation through area Senior Centers, Carts and local cab companies. Forget-Me-Not Center provides transportation on a limited basis, when funding allows.
Am I eligible and how can I enroll?
Anyone 60 years of age or older is eligible. For those under 60, please call for eligibility requirements.
It appears to be a great place. What is the charge?
We have several options to choose from: Grants and private pay with fees based on the Sliding Fee Scale for Senior Services, as well as the Alaskans Living Independently Waiver.
How will I know if it meets my needs?
Contact the Forget-Me-Not Center at (907) 283-7294 to schedule a free trial day or to find out more information about the center.